Not sure how to welcome 2016? Here are 6 awesome activities to ring in the New Year or the Noon Year with your children in Ottawa.
- If you have any young hockey Sens fans, come celebrate the new year at the Canadian Tire Centre with the Sens Skills. On Dec. 31, 2015, from 10:30 a.m to 1 p.m. you can see Ottawa Senators players in this fun fun filled and family oriented hockey skills competition. Their will also be a Noon Year’s Countdown!
- The Beaverbrook branch (2500 Campeau) of the Ottawa Public Library is hosting a Noon Year’s Eve Party from 11 a.m. to 12:30 with games, activities and snacks.
- Rick Chiarelli’s annual alcohol-free family New Year’s Eve party is the perfect party with young children. It will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. at Ben Franklin Place on Centrepointe Drive. The theme this year is “Once Upon a Time” and features tons of free activities for children including a talent show, free sleigh rides, music, magic shows, dance showcases, skating and of course, fireworks!
- Hogmanay 2015 is a free celebration put on by the Scottish Society of Ottawa featuring fun for the whole family with dancing, live music, skating, a kids zone, fireworks at the Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne Park from 6p.m. to midnight.
- Sparks Street New Year’s Eve Capital Countdown is a great free outdoor event for the whole family with a midnight countdown with fireworks and a Maple Leaf Drop, live music and entertainment.
- Why not celebrate New Year’s eve with the little ones watching a live production of the Wizard of Oz at the National Art Centre (NAC). It is showing at 7:30p.m. on December 31st.