With March Break 2018 right around the corner, here are some awesome activities to keep your kids busy!
Indigo – Chapters are offering FREE march Break events Monday to Friday at 11am.
- Monday: Arts & Crafts Day
- Tuesday: Unplug and Play
- Wednesday: What will you Build?
- Thursday: Design & Create
- Friday: Adventure Beach
The Ottawa Art Gallery in partnership with Ottawa Public Library will be offering a FREE bilingual activity Keynote Creations for children 4 to 12 Monday March 12th to Friday March 16th from 2pm to 3pm. There is a different location is each:
- Monday: Centennial
- Tuesday: St. Laurent
- Wednesday: Cumberland
- Thursday: Emerald Plaza
- Friday: Beaverbrook
Carlingwood Shopping Centre will be offering free march Break Activities:
- Monday March 12th- giant games: connect 4, chess, checkers, jenga and twister
- Tuesday, March 13th- Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo 11AM-12PM 30 minute presentation, 30 minute interaction with animals
- Wednesday March 14th- Magician Kevin Smith he will be performing 2 shows, one at 10AM and one at 1PM. At 11AM we have Mad Science coming in to do a workshop called the Science of Magic.
- Thursday March 15th- Yoshi Chadlny is a juggler comedian and he will be doing 2 shows one at 11AM and one at 1PM
- Friday, March 16th- Mad Science will be performing a show starting at 10AM and then a workshop called Under Pressure at 11AM
Register for fun, educational, and free programs in Ottawa Public Library branches across the city for children ages 4 to 12. This year’s March Break theme is Tune in! Registration is required in advanced. To see all of the programs offered, the city of Ottawa Public Library official website.
Check out the great activities offered at Ottawa museums:
- Barnyard Break at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum where you can check out animal and kitchen demonstrations, discover how maple syrup is made, and taste maple taffy on snow. Everyday from 9:30am to 4pm
- March Break at the Canada Science and Technology Museum where you can check our the Craxy Kitchen, ZOOOM – the Children’s Innovation Zone and the Exploratek Maker Studio. Everyday from 9am to 5pm
- Sky-high magic, an incredible and uplifting magic show in the Canada Aviation and Space Museum on March 11th from 11am to 2pm.
- Visit the Canadian Museum of History and check out Dreamworks Animation: The Exhibition until April 8th 2018
Get up close and personal with a variety of animals at Omega Park. A great family activity during March Break!
If the weather allows, go for a hike in the Gatineau Park on one of these kid friendly trails.
Visit a Sugar Bush!