N.U.T.S (Neuron Upgrade Training Station) is a great place to let your kids burn off some energy on a rainy day! It is an obstacle course that includes physical obstacles like monkey bars, cargo nets and crawl pipes and well as knowledge obstacles which are age-specific questions on a touch screen console. The obstacle course is designed to accommodate up to 4 participants that can depart the start line every 3 minutes. You can either call ahead to book or just show up!
Altitude Gym are awesome indoor climbing activities located in Gatineau (Hull) or Kanata. It has many themed climbing challenges that children and adults will love. Altitude Gym Kanata also has one of the biggest Ninja Warrior Challenge in Canada. Altitude Gym Gatineau is home to Clip ‘N Climb which has many themed climbing challenges that children and adults will love! Reservations are required and each session starts every hour. You are required to arrive 15 minutes in advance in order to put on your harness and receive a safety briefing.
There are tons of indoor playgrounds in Ottawa where the kids can run around and have a blast. Most of them have a toddler zone as well.
- Cosmic Adventure
- Fun Haven
- Monkey Around
- Kids Kingdom
- A Gym Tale
- Midway Family Fun Park
- Tubes et Jujubes
Putting Edge is an 18 hole glow in the dark mini golf located in Nepean.
Archery Games is Ottawa’s only combat archery tag facility located on Bank Street. It works with safe arrows that leave no bruises or marks (arrows have a foam tip) and arm guards and masks are provided. Recommended for kids over 7 years old.
There are several Escape Rooms for kids in Ottawa:
OCR Academy has Obstacle Fit Kids which is a fun way of teaching OCR Academy Obstacles for kids 7 to 15!
With over 150 animals on display including giant pythons, huge alligators, cobras, rattlesnakes, tarantulas and much more, Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo is a unique zoo that is definitely worth a visit! It also has Canada’s largest collection of unwanted and rescued reptiles.
Ottawa has tons of great museums to learn and discover!
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum : free entrance daily from 4pm to 5pm
- Children’s Museum: free entrance every Thursday from 4 to 8pm
- Canadian Museum of Nature: free entrance every Thursday from 5 to 8pm
- Canadian War Museum: free entrance every Thursday form 4 to 8pm
- Canadian Science & Technology Museum: free entrance daily from 4 to 5pm
- National Gallery of Canada: free entrance every Thursday from 5 to 8pm and for children under the age of 12
- RCMP Musical Ride Centre: always free
- Currency Museum of the Bank of Canada: always free