This years Tulip Festival will return locally and online from May 14th to 24th 2021
- The Canadian Tulip Festival attracts some 600,000 visitors making it the largest tulip festival in the world.
- The Canadian Tulip Festival is also a celebration of the return of spring. It features over a million tulips of 50 different varieties.
- 1953 marks the first Canadian Tulip Festival after a suggestion of late photographer Malak Karsh who was considered the founder of the Canadian Tulip Festival. Malak Karsh now has a tulip bed dedicated to him near the Canadian Museum of History.
- Every year, the Netherlands continue to give 20,000 bulbs to Ottawa.
- The largest site of the Tulip Festival is in Commissioners Park, on the banks of Dows Lake, which has over 300,000 tulips!
This year’s edition of the Canadian Tulip Festival will take place locally & online. For those living in Ottawa, Commissioner’s Park at Dow’s Lake will feature over 300,000 tulips in bloom.
- You can view daily musical concerts and theatrical performances on TULIP TV
- Participate in contests on the Canadian Tulip Festival’s Facebook page
- Take an interactive walking tour of the park
For more information or detailed programming, the Canadian Tulip Festival official website