Celebrate winter in Ottawa during the Winterlude 2018 festival from February 2nd to 19th. Three fun filled weekend of activities for the whole family to enjoy!
- Snowflake Kingdom will be at a new location this year: 350 Laurier Street (the North end of Jacques Cartier Park). It will have TONS of FREE activities for children to enjoy with giant games, super slides, a kiddie zone, an obstacle course, shows and meet the Ice Hogs. These activities are open Mondays to Thursdays from 9am to 4pm, Friday & Saturdays from 9am to 9pm and Sundays from 9am to 6pm (closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- Does your child want to try downhill skiing or snowboarding? From Friday February 2nd to 19th (except Tuesdays and Wednesdays) at Jacques-Cartier Park from 9am to 4pm, children aged 5 to 8 can come and try downhill skiing for FREE with a qualified instructor
- For skating, come on to the Rideau Canal Skateway, the world’s largest natural skating rink and rent a pair of skate. You can also try the Sens Rink of Dreams or the Canada 150 Rink on Parliament Hill
- Come enjoy a FREE Extreme Aerial Acrobatic and Trampo Wall Show at Jacques-Cartier Park North on Friday February 2nd, Saturdays & Sundays and Monday 19th at 11:30am, 1pm and 3pm.
WINTERLUDE 2018 HIGHLIGHTS
- Winterlude official launch will be Friday February 2nd from 9:30am to 10:00am with the Ice Hog Family at Jacques-Cartier Park North (the new site of the Snowflake Kingdom)
- Winterlude Kick-Off Dare to Dream party will be Friday February 2nd starting at 7pm at Confederation Park with a parade, music and dancing
- Saturday February 17th from 11am to 2pm, there will be the 2018 Accora Village Bed Race for Kiwanis on Dow’s Lake. This is a great event for all ages where costumed teams race decorated beds on the ice.
- Don’t miss the 2nd Ice Dragon Boat Festival, a unique event in North America on February 10th
- Come and admire ice and snow carvings at Confederation Park
- Mosaïvernales Gatineau 2018 – Winter Magic will be held at Jacques Cartier Park South from January 26th to March 4th 2018.