Celebrate winter in Ottawa during the Winterlude 2024 festival from February 2nd to 19th. Three fun filled weekend of activities for the whole family to enjoy!
Snowflake Kingdom at Jacques Cartier Park in Gatineau will have TONS of FREE activities for children to enjoy with giant games, tube slides, a kiddie zone, snow carving, a Winterlude Maze, an obstacle course, zip-line (paid event), shows and meet the Ice Hogs.
- Does your child want to try downhill skiing or snowboarding? From Friday February 2nd to February 19th 2024 (see schedule) at Jacques-Cartier Park from 9am to 4pm, children aged 5 to 8 can come and try downhill skiing for FREE with a qualified instructor
- Come to Jacques Cartier Park to try the mega Zip line 600 feet long at Snowflake Kingdom of Winterlude event. Breathtaking sensations guaranteed! This is a PAID EVENT. Event will take place every Saturday & Sunday at well as Monday February 19th 2024. Minimum height of 42 inches & maximum weight of 225 lbs.
Come on to the Rideau Canal Skateway, the world’s largest natural skating rink and rent a pair of skate.
Sparks Street will be one of the main hubs of Winterlude festivities in 2024! It will have ice sculptures, urban art installations, street artists and so much more!!
WINTERLUDE 2024 HIGHLIGHTS
- Saturday February 9th & 10th, Winterlude will host the 2nd IIDBF World Club Crew Ice Dragon Boat Championships. The races feature 100 teams made up of 1200 athletes from around the world. Come cheer on the competitors and live a unique experience! This is a great event for all ages.
- The 2024 Accora Village Bed Race will take place on February 17th from 12:00pm to 2pm on York Street in Ottawa.
- Don’t miss the Annual Winterlude Triathlon on Saturday February 3th 2024 from 8am to 12pm. This great event is one of the oldest Winterlude activities and exemplifies what winter in the Canada’s Capital is all about-skating on the Rideau Canal, coupled with cross-country skiing and running.