Celebrate winter in Ottawa during the Winterlude 2017 festival from February 3rd to 20th. Three fun filled weekend of activities for the whole family to enjoy!
- Snowflake Kingdom at Jacques-Cartier Park will have TONS of FREE activities for children to enjoy with giant games, super slides, a kiddie zone, an obstacle course, the NEW Canada 150 Maze and meet the Ice Hogs. These activities are open Mondays to Thursdays from 9am to 4pm, Friday & Saturdays from 9am to 9pm and Sundays from 9am to 6pm (closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- Does your child want to try downhill skiing? From Friday February 3rd to 20th (except Tuesdays and Wednesdays) at Jacques-Cartier Park from 9am to 4pm, children aged 5 to 8 can come and try downhill skiing for FREE with a qualified instructor
- For skating, come on to the Rideau Canal Skateway, the world’s largest natural skating rink and rent a pair of skate or try the Sens Rink of Dreams
- FREE Learn to Skate 45 minute sessions will be offered every Saturday & Sunday from 11am to 4pm on the Rideau Canal Skateway, Fifth Avenue
- There will be downhill skiing and snowboarding demonstrations Saturdays, Sundays & Monday February 15th from 11am to noon and 1 to 2pm at Jacques-Cartier Park
- Come enjoy a FREE Extreme Aerial Acrobatic and Trampo Wall Show at Jacques-Cartier Park on Friday February 3rd, Saturday & Sunday 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 & 19 and Monday 20th at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3pm.
- If your child is looking for more thrill likes activities, the XTREME zone will be open Saturdays, Sundays & February 15th from 10am to 5pm with Zip Lining, Dogs Sleds. These activities are extra $$.
WINTERLUDE 2016 HIGHLIGHTS
- Winterlude official launch will be Friday February 3rd from 9:30am to 10:15am with the Ice Hog Family at Jacques-Cartier Park
- Winterlude Kick-Off Dare to Dream party will be Friday February 3rd from 7 to 11pm at Confederation Park with a parade, music and dancing
- Saturday February 11th starting at 12:30pm, there will be the 37th Annual Accora Village Bed Race on Dow’s Lake. This is a great event for all ages where costumed teams race decorated beds on the ice.
- Don’t miss the 1st Ice Dragon Boat Festival in North America on February 18th & 19th
- Every Friday and Saturday evenings come and dance under the stars at the DJ nights
- Come and admire ice and snow carvings at Confederation Park
HOW TO GET TO WINTERLUDE
Winterlude is a very popular festival. More than 500,000 people take part in activities each year and visitor come from all over Canada and even the US, therefore there is alot of traffic around the activity site and nearby free parking is hard to find.
The easiest way to avoid traffic and spending hours looking for a free parking is to take the bus.
- If you live in Ottawa, OC Transpo will have FREE shuttle bus service
- If you live in Gatineau, STO will also have FREE shuttle bus service
On weekends and Family Day, there will also be a FREE shuttle bus service linking the different Winterlude activity sites.