Fall Rhapsody in the Gatineau Park. Come enjoy the beautiful fall colours in the Gatineau Park from September 29th to October 21st. Since it is a very popular event, the NCC will have free shuttles from downtown Ottawa and Gatineau that will take you to Pink Lake, King Mountain and Champlain Lookout.
Camp Fortune will join Gatineau Park in celebrating Fall Rhapsody by having fall colours activities from September 29th to October 28th. Little Ray’s Nature Centres will offer an educational exhibit highlighting some of the most known and unknown species in Canada at the Chalet des Erables on weekends (and Thanksgiving Monday) from 10am to 4pm. You can also take a chairlift ride to enjoy the scenic view and take a hike back down! Another way to admire the beautiful fall colours is in the aerial park!
Don’t miss the annual Carleton Butterfly Show where are can see 1,300 exotic butterflies representing 41 different species worldwide. The show will take place in the greenhouses of Carleton University’s Biology Department from September 29th to October 7th from 9am to 4pm.
Mac My Cheese Fest 2018 will be held from October 12th to October 14th at Festival Plaza at City Hall.
September is a great time to go to a fair:
- Renfrew Fair from September 5th to 8th
- Russell Fair from September 6th to 9th
- Richmond Fair from September 12th to 16th
- Carp Fair from September 20th to 23rd
- Metcalfe Fair from September 27th to 30th
Fall is a great time to come out to see the Ottawa RedBlacks at TD Place. Upcoming games are:
- Saturday September 22nd at 4pm
- Friday October 5th at 7:30pm
- Friday October 19th at 7pm
Get in the Halloween spirit with great activities:
- Haunting Season at Saunders Farm will be on from September 22nd to October 31st with tons of great activities including the haunted hayride for kids, tons of mazes, the barn of terror, the jumping pillows and much more.
- Pumpkin Fest at Proulx Farm will be on from September 23rd to October 31st with tons of fun activities for the whole family including a haunted house, mazes, hay structures, face painting, wagon rides and much more.
- Take a Haunted Walk in Ottawa, at the Mackenzie King Estate or even at Upper Canada Village
- If you’re up for a ride, come see the 7,000 handcrafted pumpkins all lit at night at Pumpkinferno that will be on from September 28th to October 28th at Upper Canada Village!