Indigo – Chapters are offering FREE march break events all week
- Monday March 16th at 11am or 2pm: For the artists. Let’s get crafty.
Join us to decorate rock pals with Kid Made Modern, Make It Real bead bracelets with Danawares, or let your imagination run wild at our Klutz creation station with Gem Stickers, Mini Bake Shop, and Egg Carton Animals
- Tuesday March 17th: For the Gamer.
Join us to play with Hasbro games and Beyblade or look for Waldo in our Where’s Waldo? scavenger hunt. Plus, bring your Pokémon cards for a game or build your favourite Pokémon characters with Mega Construx.
- Wednesday March 18th: For the Collector.
Calling all collectors—join us for an L.O.L. Surprise! Lights Glitter demo and collect your own L.O.L. Lil Sister or Bakugan cards during our fun giveaways. Plus, decorate your own HotWheels license plate demo the cutest Cloudees pet!
- Thursday March 19th: For the Builder.
Put on your building hats and make a LEGO® Friends or LEGO® City Food Truck. Plus, little scientists will have a blast with our fun and easy experiments featuring Slimeygoop Slimey Sand and Fairies vs. Unicorns STEM activities.
- Friday March 20th: For the Dreamer.
Join us for Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig activities, toy demos, and get creative while making your own playdoh sushi.
Bring your kids to Disney on Ice at the Canadian Tire Center. Tickets start at only 15$.
Carlingwood Shopping Centre will be offering FREE March Break activities:
- Monday March 16th from 9:30 to 11am: Dino Dig (Must reserve your spot on Eventbrite)
- Tuesday March 17th from 10 to 11:30am: Fossil Hunt.
Walk in the Mall to match the Fossils to the right Dinosaur. Find the 15 dinosaurs in different stores across the Mall. At the end of the hunt get a Dino souvenir.
- Wednesday March 18th from 10:30 to 11:30: Dino Disco Party. Dress up as a Dinosaur if you can! Meet us in Centre Court to dance to the Disco Dinosaur Roars. Activity made to have kids moving & dancing.
- Thursday March 19th at 10:30am: Dino Diet. Meet us in Centre Court from 10:30am to 11:30am to come plant spring seeds and get the food ready for your dinosaur at home.
- Activity lasts less than 10 minute per kid.
- Friday March 20th from 10:30 to 11:20am. Dino Stretch.
Dino Yoga to come stretch your Tyrannosaurus Rex legs, your Long Neck and your Pterodactyl wings. From 10:30 to 11:20.
Register for fun, educational, and free programs in Ottawa Public Library branches across the city for children ages 4 to 12. This year’s March Break theme is Tune in! Registration is required in advanced. To see all of the programs offered, the city of Ottawa Public Library official website.
Check out the great activities offered at Ottawa museums:
- Barnyard Break at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum where you can check out animal and kitchen demonstrations, discover how maple syrup is made, and taste maple taffy on snow. Everyday from 9:30am to 4pm
- March Break at the Canada Science and Technology Museum where you can check our the Craxy Kitchen, ZOOOM – the Children’s Innovation Zone and the Exploratek Maker Studio. There will also be a special event called Brain Boost! which has a plethora of fun-filled activities, experiments, and demonstrations that are sure to keep visitors of all ages engaged. Everyday from 9am to 5pm
- March Break at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum daily from 10am to 5pm. Come out to learn all about different careers in the aviation and space industry. Watch demonstrations and take part in craft activities.
- March Break at the Canadian Museum of History. Come check out Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Doc McStuffins and many more activities.
- March Break at the Canadian Museum of Nature. This March Break, celebrate the many wonders of nature that come in all sizes, from tiny microbes to beautiful butterflies to awesome live animals. Discover the fascinating diversity of your own microbiome. Wander among live butterflies. Embark upon a 3D movie adventure with prehistoric sea creatures or ice-age mammals! Don’t miss the special, live-animal presentations by our friends from Little Ray’s Nature Centre.
Go ice skating at TD Place during one of their free public skates.
Get up close and personal with a variety of animals at Omega Park. A great family activity during March Break!
Visit a Sugar Bush!
Spend the afternoon tobogganing on one of these awesome hills in the Ottawa area.
If the weather is cold and rainy, check out one of these great indoor activities to keep the kids active!
Bring the kids to the 67’s St. Patty’s Day Game at TD Place on March 15th at 2pm.
There will be a March Break Weekend Glow Skate at the RA Centre on March 14th from 11am to 12:30.
Take the kids to a free yoga session at Ikea on Friday March 20th from 11am to 2pm