Another weekend is approaching with tons of great family fun activities in the Ottawa area.
Winterlude will be on all weekend (weather permitting) in Gatineau and Ottawa. For daily updates on the closing of activities at Jacques Cartier Park and the Rideau Canal, the official Winterlude website (most activities are FREE).
Thomas the Train special exhibition will be on Saturday & Sunday from 9:30am to 5pm at the Canadian Children’s Museum ($$).
Get in the Game with Motivate Canada at Marion Dewar Plaza (Ottawa City Hall) from 10am to 5pm Saturday & Sunday and come and test your agility, balance, coordination and speed! You can also get your picture taken with some of Canada’s Olympic, Paralympic and national team athletes (FREE).
Come out to the Gatineau Park at the Visitor Centre (33 Scoot Road in Chelsea) at 10:30am on Saturday or 1:30pm on Sunday to go on a 2 hour guided snowshoe hike to see how animals survive in winter (FREE).
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6th
- Fête Frissons from 8:30am to noon at the Shenkman Arts Center with musical entertainment, face-painting, crafts, dancing and outdoor fun in the snow! (Admission and most activities are FREE).
- Into the Kitchen – Dairy Days from 10am to 11:30am at Billings Estate National Historic Site, where kids aged 5-7 years will learn where the ingredients to make cheese and butter come from and bake a special treat to bring home! ($6.15 per participant).
- The 2016 Accora Village Bed Race will be held on Dow’s Lake starting at 11am where 50 teams will compete with decorated beds for the prize of the best decorated, fastest bed and the best fund raisers. A great time for the whole family (FREE).
- Zathura will be playing in Cineplex movie theaters across the city as part of Cineplex Saturday Family Movies ($$).
- Hockey Day in Canada. On Saturday from 1 to 3pm, lace up your skates and take to one of the City’s outdoor rinks.
- The 2016 edition of the Westboro Beach Winter Carnival will be on from 1 to 4pm at Westboro Beach with tobogganing, snow building, colouring and a bonfire (FREE).
- Take your kids for an active afternoon of moovin’ and groovin’ from 2 to 4pm at Centrepointe Theatres with Kick it – A dance club for kids (5$ per ticket).
- The Churchill Seniors Centre will be hosting a Family Dance from 3:30 to 5pm (10$ for 16 & up, FREE for kids).