March Break is here and for those of you staying in town, we’ve gathered as many activities as possible for you to keep your kids busy!
Hazeldean Mall will have a week loaded with great shows for the kids (shows will be at 11am and 1pm):
- Monday March 14th: Professional Magician, Mr. Smith including audience participation, comedy and mesmerizing illusions that are perfect for all ages and all types of events.
- Tuesday March 15th: Rays Reptile Show which includes 8-10 animals from around the world. The show is extremely educational and entertaining.
- Wednesday March 16th: Junkyard Symphony – One-man Indoor Show is packed of comedy and high-energy fun with tons of audience participation.
- Thursday March 17th: Endangered Ontario includes 8-10 animals that are found throughout Ontario that are endangered or threatened.
- Friday March 18th: Brad the Balloon Guy with a family friendly stage show that lasts 45 minutes.
Chapters South Keys will be having FREE activities every day during March Break at 11am. Reservation ahead of time is required.
- Monday March 14th: Hands on Fun for all ages with Ultimate Play
- Tuesday March 15th: Make your own plush puppy
- Wednesday March 16th: Make & Take building activity and join the Minifigures Swapathon
- Thursday March 17th: Design your own Superhero mask and join the parade
- Friday March 18th: Stencil art and mess-free glitter
- Saturday March 19th: Paw Patrol story time and activity
Carlingwood Mall will be organizing a scavenger hunt everyday from 10am to 1pm from Monday to Thursday with prizes for parents and children. On Friday March 18th, come celebrate the official opening of Ottawa’s only permanent indoor shopping mall toddler playground with activities from 9:30 to 11:15 am including face painting, Kindermusik, Carnival Games and free refreshements!
Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre will have FREE activities for children on Monday March 14th & Thursday March 17th with Little Rays Reptile, Radical Science, Brad the Balloon Guy and a Circus Performer Workshop.
Come build a Monster Jam Dragon at a Lowes near you on Saturday March 12th at 10am as part of their build and grow clinic.
Learn how Build a Wagon on Saturday March 12th from 10am to 12pm at your local Home Depot as part of their How To Workshops.
Full S.T.E.A.M ahead at the Ottawa Public Library from March 14th to 18th at different locations across Ottawa with tons of FREE activities and storytime for kids to enjoy
Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo will be at Tangers Outlets on March 15th from 11am to 3pm. Admission is free and pictures and giveaways will take place.
The Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame at City Hall is a great place to visit during March break.
ACTIVITIES AT THE MUSEUMS
Most museums have admission fees, however, there are certain days and times of the week when you can visit museums for free!
- Canadian Museum of History – Children’s Museum will be open all week with the Thomas & Friends – Explore the Rails exhibition
- Barnyard Break Foodology will be on from March 12th to 20th at the Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum with animal demonstrations, children’s stories and much more
- Canada Aviation and Space museum will have special activities all week including the 25th annual LEGO contest as well as the March Break Tinkering Workshop (pre-registration is required for both)
- During March break, come discover Bugs Outside the Box at the Canadian Museum of Nature
Enjoy a day of tobogganing on one of many hills in Ottawa
Go skating during a Public Skating Session (free during on the weekends)
Camp Fortune is offering 3, 4 or 5 day March break camps
Take the kids out to see a movie! Rainbow Cinemas at Saint Laurent Centre in Ottawa has a $3.50 10am early bird showings
March Break is a great time to visit a Sugar Bush with the family